Friday, February 19, 2016

* * * * * Unassailable SERENITY . . . . . . .

I believe I know the only cure, 

which is to make one’s center of life inside of one’s self, 

not selfishly or exceedingly, 

but with a kind of unassailable serenity 

— to decorate one’s inner house so richly that one is content there, 

glad to welcome anyone who wants to come and stay, 

but happy all the same when one is inevitably alone.
- Edith Wharton


* * * * ****** * * * *** * * * * ********* * * * . . . . . . ……….. . . . . . ……… . . . .. . …


I've been loving meditation more and more these days after years of fighting with it. It used to really seem like a chore, another thing on my list of things to do for the day I didn't want to and could easily knock off and not feel bad about it.  It used to seem kind of selfish and indulgent.  But I look forward to now as much as my asana practice.  I find boundaries in my breath that decorate the walls of my inner life like nothing on the outside can and now I can't get there fast enough.  



No comments:

Post a Comment