Tuesday, May 10, 2016

* * * * GROWTH and DESTRUCTION

For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, 

it must come completely undone. 

The shell cracks, 

its insides come out and everything changes. 

To someone who doesn't understand growth, 

it would look like complete destruction.

- Cynthia Occelli

### ## # #### # # # # # # # # # # # # # #### # ###    ### #   ## # # #     # ## #   # # # ###  ### 




I'm finishing up my very first 200 hour yoga teacher training with 6 lovely yogis and it has been both hard work and so much fun.  Starting something new is always fun.  That space between what is possible and taking the first steps toward making it real is an awesome space of infinite possibilities.  We love that space where we get to talk about it with our friends, and roll it over and over in our heads how great it's going to be.  We figure it all out in the shower or talking to ourselves in the car.  It's going to be perfect.

But it's the part about where we have to begin is when it gets tricky.  You all know what I mean, the part where you have to do the actual work.  Where you have to start a new process that is unfamiliar and full of new tools that you don't know how to use.  Where we get challenged to try something new and we start to question why we started the process to begin with.  It would be so much more comfortable to stick with what we know and learning in front of other people makes us feel stupid anyway.  Where we return to the physical.  The physical is where the magic happens.  Where our ideas take shape and evolve into collaboration.  Where we have to crack open our familiarity and comfort to reach beyond ourselves to learn and grow.

Since I opened YOGA Garden 4+ years ago I kept getting asked when I was going to do a 200 hour training and I really never thought I would.  One thing the world does not need is another 200 hour training.  But I decided I would give it a shot for a few students who had been asking and anyone new who was interested and see how it went.  And like always, the process of growth was frustrating and wonderful and ultimately so rewarding. I can't wait to do it again.


+ SHOW Up EVERY Day +






2 comments: