Monday, April 8, 2013

< IMAGES Become SHAPES >







I never wanted color to be color.

I never wanted texture to be texture, or images to become shapes.

I wanted them all to fuse together into a living spirit.

Clyfford Still

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We work with these different shapes when we practice. I often like to think of them individually as letters.  They each have a unique pronunciation and visual identity which I love.  As we learn they move together into words, sentences, paragraphs, and eventually stories.

I think yoga is the same.  Each pose has an identity.  As we become more versed our practice becomes more fluid.  The details are always there but the practice becomes more alive.  And it gets easier to tell our stories.





 



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for class tonight. I enjoyed this post on your blog. It is cool to use this as a tool for expansion after class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a beautiful inspiration in class and love that you shared it here on your blog, too. Thank you for sharing!!
    Much love,
    B (Brittany)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks B and Elizabeth. I'm glad you are enjoying my blog and see it as an extension of what we talk about in class. It cuts down the chatter and gives us more room to move.

    See you on the mat again soon,

    L

    ReplyDelete