Thursday, April 18, 2013

= An INVINCIBLE SUMMER =




In the depth of winter,

I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.


 ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( 


I bought this little book about 2 years ago at a summer pop up sale in Stevens Square.  I had to have it, the materials it's made of and it's construction were so interesting and pretty.

I wasn't sure what to do with it.  It's too fragile to throw in my everyday bag and carry around with me. It needed to be a project.  So I decided to take my love of text and shiny hardware store letters and make it a book about The Gita.  But keep it simple (if that's possible).  The idea is to distill each of the 18 chapters down in to a few simple words.  The words sum up each chapter and tell a story as a whole as you move through the book simply and visually.

A perfect project for yet another wintery day in April.  Thanks to Albert Camus for the quote.








No comments:

Post a Comment