Saturday, March 2, 2013

* Sunlit Space for Something New *


Sunlight came through the windows on our sun porch yesterday.  It's that time of year, it's been so long since I've seen sunlight coming through the windows I can't even remember how long it's been.  Months, October maybe?  

It kicked off a major cleaning frenzy.  I cleaned from afternoon until night.  I listened to The Current and opened every cupboard in my kitchen, cleaned out my closet, dresser and cedar chest.  My biggest material attachment is clothes...I will admit it.  But I now have bags and bags of recycling and some nice stuff for The Salvation Army.

I can't even tell you how great it is to open up a cupboard and know exactly what's in it.  My closet and dresser too.  I know what I have and where to find it.  And I'm happy to let go of the things I'm no longer using, even though I still love and appreciate them. 

And there's a little room to move now.  Space for something new.

  ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) O ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( (

No comments:

Post a Comment